Children’s Behavioral Health
The Children’s Behavioral Health program provides Intensive In-Home Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Services.
- Crisis assistance 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Comprehensive assessment of the treatment needs of the child and family
- Psychological and psychiatric evaluation and services
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive treatment plan
- Clinically informed case management and case coordination
- Individual and family therapy
- Crisis intervention and medication management
- Promotion of effective advocacy
- School consultation
- Smooth transitions to adult service systems are facilitated
- Services are sensitive and responsive to cultural differences and special needs
- Stabilization and maintenance of children with serious disorders in their homes and communities
- Prevention of hospitalization through crisis intervention
- Identification of factors interfering with the child and family’s use of more traditional outpatient services
- Improvement of quality of “fit” between child and family to optimize developmental progress.
- Child Guidance Clinics Ansonia, Hartford, Milford, New Haven, Torrington, Waterbury
Each mental health clinic is licensed as a child guidance clinic promoting sound and culturally competent mental health and skills development that maximize a child’s success at home, at school, and in the community.Children are provided with a variety of outpatient mental health interventions to enable them to experience healthy development and achieve their maximum level of functioning.
- Hispanic Child Guidance Clinic at the Institute for the Hispanic Family Hartford
This unique child guidance clinic provides specific culturally competent mental health services to Latino youth in the Hartford Community.
Intensive In-Home Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Services (IICAPS) Hartford
IICAPS, designed by Yale Child Study Center, addresses the comprehensive needs of children and adolescents aged between 3 and 18 years with psychiatric disorders who are at imminent risk of psychiatric hospitalization, and whose families need assistance in managing their behaviors to keep them safe in the home and community.
Children’s Behavioral Health Locations
To find Behavioral Health Services close to your location, click on the markers in the map.